A curated directory for awesome Neocities resources.
Neocities is a free webhost that is reviving the long-lost creative websites.
Want to suggest a resource? Check out the contribution guidelines!
Resources from Neocities itself or the contributors.
- Neocities - The site itself.
- Neocities' GitHub repo - Official repository for the entire site on GitHub.
- Tutorials - Some resources for you to get started making your own Neocities sites.
- API - REST API for easily updating your site remotely.
- CLI - Official CLI + Ruby API wrapper. Also supports
Tools bulit by the community.
- Zonelets - A simple blogging engine made in JS. Recommended for most newbies who want to try making a blog on Neocities.
- Sadgrl's Layout Builder - Browser-based responsive layout builder.
- NavLink Ads - Non-commercial Ad service for easily promote your Neocities site.
- OpenLink Ads - Same as above, but open-source and uses unmodified NeoLink source code (which is also the base of NavLink).
- deploy-to-neocities - GitHub Action for easily upload your site files from your GitHub repo.
- TiddlyWiki - A non-linear personal web notebook.
- siteHX - A simple static site generator written in Haxe. Perfect for simple and small websites. Used for the list's Neocities site.
- Faircamp - Another static site generator aimed at music producers. Please note that you have to upgrade to Supporter plan, as Neocities doesn't allow hosting audio files (except for MIDI) on free accounts.
- Publii - User-friendly static CMS that runs as a standalone desktop app.
- SAve MY nEOCiTy - Neocities site archival tool. Can be used in case the "Download entire site" dashboard link dissappears.
Resources to learn HTML, CSS, JS, etc.
- W3Schools - The most largest site to learn HTML, CSS, JS, and even server-side technologies!
- Markdown Guide - A website that explains the most lightweight markup language in the world, which can be used for making websites using static site generators.
- Neocities, PHP and SQL - A guide on setting up a poll that runs on PHP and a SQLite database, with the front code being located on your Neocities site.
- Webmentions on Neocities - A site that can help you to set up Indieweb's Webmentions on your Neocities site.
- ThemeKings - Website templates inspired by old mid-2000s websites.
- HTML Boilerplate - A Visual Studio Code extenstion to easily generate an HTML boilerplate for your site.
- HTML Play - Another Visual Studio Code extension for a CodePen-like live preview.
Resources for creating HTML5 content.
- Wick Editor - An animation and game development tool inspired by Adobe Animate.
- Twine - An open-source tool for interactive and non-linear stories.
- TurboWarp Packager - A Scratch project converter.
Tiny communities that connects sites just by links.
- Neorings - A platform to host webrings and add pages to webrings. It has an API for creating custom webring home pages on your neocities page.
- Webri.ng - A much simpler webring host that's been around slightly longer. It doesn't have an API.
- onionring.js - Widely-used webring toolkit.
Online spaces for casual discussion about Neocities and/or help with your site development.
made by lime360
view on github